Friday, December 31, 2010
The Nature of Animal Testing: STOP ANIMAL TESTING!
Or click here to watch the video on youtube.com!!!
Process Analysis:
I did my visual argument on the nature of animal testing. The point that I was trying to get through to my audience was how much pain these animals actually go through just to make sure that the new mascara wasn't going to burn off the consumers' eye lashes when they apply them.
To how I arranged my pictures, I decided to go with the milder pictures first because I wanted to build some kind of climax and suspense. I wanted to shock my audience by informing and alarming them what animal testing is doing to our poor and innocent creatures. That's why ended my slideshow with the pictures of the aftermath of animal testing. There was a bag of dead rabbits in a white bag with blood spilling out of each one. Also, while going through pictures and picking out the ones that I wanted to use, I looked for the animals with big eyes. Those pictures would eventually help to create an illusion that the animals are sad and afraid. It appeals to the audience as it stirs up their emotions. Every picture that I had, appealed to the audiences pathos. I felt that it would be the most effective way of drawing them in and showing them the different torturous kinds of experiments these animals have been going through for year. They have been locked up, chained, etc. The pictures also appealed to the audiences' ethos as majority of them were real pictures taken directly from the experiment room. It showed that it really did happen and it wasn't some kind of rumor that had been started just for the sake of stirring something up.
The music that I chose also played a big part of creating this emotional appeal. It started off with just a piano introduction that's very simple and has a sad tune to it. Then a woman starts singing in a very calm and hushed tone. The lyrics also paid a big role to why I picked this song. It had lines like, "I'm so tired of being here", "I wish that you would just leave", "these wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real." I thought it related really well to what the animals must be feeling when they were held captive in their cages against their will and inhumanely experimented on.
Sources:
1. http://www.4us2be.com/tag/animal-testing/
2. http://current.com/1kkt04c
3 & 4. http://urbanaspirines.blogspot.com/2009/11/animal-testing.html
5. http://www.animalport.com/animal-testing/animal-testing-rabbits.html
6. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1jtwKsSBDWU/TD-HPefETUI/AAAAAAAAEIk/AGy_v1rycJM/s1600/primate_testing_540x.jpg
7. http://humanityy.com/ecology/animal-protection/the-horror-animal-testing-illustrated/
8. http://www.freewebs.com/ectanow/animaltesting.htm
9. http://theanimalvoice.blogspot.com/2009/03/animal-testing-and-european-parliament.html
10. http://floridavoicesforanimals.org/issues.aspx
11. http://www.petside.com/petsideblog/2009/10/cyber-marchers-needed-to-help.php
12. http://www.animalliberationfront.com/Philosophy/Animal%20Testing/Monkey_Terror.htm
13. http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/rabbit.html
14. http://bikyamasr.com/wordpress/?p=16586
15. http://www.carolinelucasmep.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/animal-testing.jpg
16. http://humanityy.com/es/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/bigsmokmonkey.jpg
17. http://humanityy.com/ecology/animal-protection/the-horror-animal-testing-illustrated/
18. http://doctorbloggs.blogspot.com/2008/12/in-whose-interest-healthy-nation.html
19. http://s3-p.animoto.com/Image/s4m1003Mw9O9ZNOUFPXdow/l.jpg
Song: My Immortal by Evanescence
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment