Friday, December 17, 2010

Inner RIng Response

When we were assigned this essay to read, I was really excited. I've heard so much about C.S. Lewis and I wanted to find out what all that rave was about.

I found out that this relates a lot to high school. Everybody is trying to find this group that the belong to. The sense of belonging is really important to human life. We need someone to be there for us when we're sad, someone to listen to us, and someone to just tell us that everything is going to be okay. But when reality and fantasy collide with each other, it may result to total chaos. If we dream too much about being in a group, all we're focused on is trying to get involved and be considered one of them instead of making them like us for who we really are.

I found that I really had a connection with what Lewis was trying to say. When I transferred to WHS, I didn't know anybody. All i know was that I had to make friends and get more involved in school so that I wouldn't stay as a loner. Once I found a friend, I tried so hard to fit in with her friends, hoping that they would include me into their clique. Unfortunately, they weren't the kind of people that I associated with. We had nothing in common. After giving up, I found myself making friends because I stopped trying so hard and people finally got to see the real me.

No comments:

Post a Comment