Of course I stole the title from this talk, from George Orwell. Of course I stole this sentence, from Joan Didion.
If someone was to ask me why I write, I wouldn't know what to say. Even though I have a blog with over 280 archives, I still can't tell you or I can't describe what's this addiction that I have to writing. No, I'm not trying to use it to get people's attention. I'm not trying to tell people how I feel indirectly.
If I don't write, I feel like there's something scratching from the inside, trying to get out.
If you are following my blog on Tumblr, you would realize that it is extremely random. You would find one post on how much I hate math and another post on how much I love animals.
But I guess if someone was to hold up a knife to my throat or a gun to my head and asks me to give an answer, or else..
My response would be something like this. I write because I need my imagination, thoughts and ideas to be written or typed up. It feels great to open up and know that your secrets or fantasies would not be leaked out. I write because I love how there's no restrictions. It's freedom for me and my thoughts.
You are very descriptive to why you write. I think that it is cool that you have this passion for it that if you don't the thing inside you will eat your organs and you will die. I don't want you to die Sarah :(. Ok well anyways good post and keep on writing. Don't let the writing police kill you ;)
ReplyDeleteI love your first line! :D
ReplyDeleteIt's okay that you can't exactly figure out why you write- you don't need a reason. All that matters is that you enjoy it.